- Throws ball (9–18 months)
- Walks alone (10–14 months)
- Walks sideways (10–20 months)
- Walks backward (11–20 months)
- Stands on one foot with your help (12–23 months)
- Walks up and down stairs with help (12–24 months)
- Stand on his tiptoes (17–26 months)
What You Can Do:
- Give your child a cart to push (toy strollers, shopping carts, etc.)
- Help your child climb up and down stairs
- Dance to music. Encourage your child to bounce, sway, and wiggle
- Practice balance by standing on one foot.
- Whenever possible, let your child walk around indoors without shoes and socks.
Try not to compare yourself to other parents, or your child to other children. Every family is different!
Content created in partnership with