- Throws ball (9–18 months)
- Walks alone (10–14 months)
- Walks sideways (10–20 months)
- Walks backward (11–20 months)
- Stands on one foot with your help (12–23 months)
- Walks up and down stairs with help (12–24 months)
- Stand on his tiptoes (17–26 months)
What You Can Do:
- Give your child a cart to push (toy strollers, shopping carts, etc.)
- Help your child climb up and down stairs
- Dance to music. Encourage your child to bounce, sway, and wiggle
- Use push and pull toys
- Throw and kick a ball
- Practice balance by standing on one foot.
- Whenever possible, let your child walk around indoors without shoes and socks.
Try not to compare yourself to other parents, or your child to other children. Every family is different!