Why Move Together?April 20, 2017
This week, we launched the very first Mount Sinai Parenting Center Mighty Milers group! Over 40 children ages 7 to 12 and their caregivers came out to run in Central Park alongside Mount Sinai volunteers from across multiple departments. Hosted by the Parenting Center and Drs. Michael Yaker and Keith Benkov, the launch of this amazing program was a huge success for our community and our overall mission to build strong parent-child relationships.
Inspired by this amazing event, here are a few reminders about why it is so important to get up and get going with your children.
- Physical health
- Increases strength
- Improves flexibility
- Increases your overall chances of living longer!
- Doing 150 minutes of aerobic activity each week will help you live a longer and healthier life.
- Prevents obesity
- Lowers risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and certain cancers
- Improves blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol
- Improved mood
- Lessens anxiety and depression
- Reduces stress
- Better sleep
- Reduces insomnia
- Improves quality of sleep
- Improved school/work performance
- Better attention and focus
- Improves energy
- Sets a good example
- Shows a priority of health and well-being
- Children follow their parents lead
- Spend time together as a family
- Opportunity to bond and talk with children
- Can replace time spent watching TV, using electronics
To JOIN US for our run next week, please call 212.241.2772 or email email@example.com
Find more suggestions about being active from New York Road Runners and Mighty Milers, here