How to Answer Difficult QuestionsApril 15, 2020
In times like these, your children may ask many questions. They are curious observers of the world and can sometimes leave us speechless. While there are no one-size-fits-all answers to these questions, we have put together a few tips to make it easier:
- When in doubt, respond simply with “that’s an interesting question. I’m going to think about it and get back to you.”
- Respond by answering a question with a question. Start a dialogue with your child by saying “that’s interesting, what do you think?”
- Ask your child what they think the answer is or ask them what they already know. This gives you a baseline idea of what information to share.
- Follow your child’s lead when it comes to serious questions; listen for what your child is really asking.
- Try your best to keep it short and simple. Avoid giving too many details.
- Be honest – keeping in mind your child’s developmental stage of understanding and thinking.
Content created in partnership with
For more tips like these click here.