- Depth perception begins to develop (3-7 months)
What You Can Do:
- Allow your baby to explore different surfaces whenever possible (grass, sand) and talk about how they feel different
- Play with toys in the bath (containers and cups)
- Toys with different textures
- Toys they can explore with their mouth
- Take your baby in their stroller over different types of surfaces (bumpy, smooth, etc.) and talk about how they feel different
- Give your baby plenty of opportunities to explore with his or her body and mouth, and try not to panic about germs.