Dr. Belinda Bellet (Brooklyn Heights Behavioral Associates) weighs in on this great game to play with your kids:
- It boosts their curiosity in trying new things
- It’s a great indoor activity for cold afternoons or rainy days.
- It gets kids moving around in unexpected ways.
- It’s a neat ice-breaker game, a playdate activity or a birthday party or a sleepover game that will get everyone laughing and bonding.
- It teaches meditation in a kid-friendly way – you have to relax your brain, give over to the moment and be really present in order to keep the feather balanced.
- It’s a game where you can’t win.
- It’s a great “brain break”: you’ll feel more alert and energized after a round of Feather Balance.
- It helps teach that effort can be pleasurable and helps with our kids’ “growth mindset”
For more games to stimulate the “growth mindset” visit www.ChildsPlayinAction.com